YAPC Europe Foundation - Setting up the online payment system for a conference using Act
Setting up the online payment system for a conference using Act
Latest modification: $Date: 2006-08-09 15:20:50 +0200 (mer, 09 aoû 2006) $, by $Author: book $.
This procedure starts after the organisers are ready to organise their conference, have decided to use the Act conference management system, and have contacted the people responsible for Act.
See http://act.mongueurs.net/ for details. [FIXME - this site should explicitely list some contact information for setting up an Act web site.]
If the conference organisers want to use the YEF online payment system, they should contact YEF to sign a contract.
A template of the contract is available on YEF's website at the following address: FIXME.
Fill-in and sign the contract with YEF
The organisers send the required information:
name of the Conference
name of the Organiser
If the organiser is a non-profit organisation, this means the name, address, date of creation of the organisation (as many information as possible.)
If the organiser is an individual, his means their name, address and telephone number.
If the organiser is a non-profit organisation, this means the name, address and telephone number of the chairperson.
If the organiser is an individual, this means the same as above.
bank account information
This is bank account to which the money received through the online payment system will be sent. The information needed is the bank name, address and IBAN (International Bank Account Number) for the bank account.
scans of a valid identification paper for all persons involved.
Identification paper means identity card, passport, etc. This enables YEF to claim that it really knows who the organisers are. A 300dpi scan is sufficient.
This information is used to produce a PDF file of a contract of which print two copies shoudl printed, signed and send to YEF by the organisers.
YEF will send back one copy signed by its Chairperson.
Setup the online payment system in the Act configuration
The YEF online payment system in Act will be enabled only once the contract is signed and approved by YEF. This is done by the Act administrators (they are not necessary members of YEF).
Organise the conference and receive payments
During this pre-conference time, payments are received on the online payment system.
During this period of time, YEF's treasurer sends the money on a regular basis. The periodicity and mean of payment (cheque, transfer, etc) is to be discussed between the treasurer and the organisers on a per-conference basis.
YEF treasurer will never sens more than what the attendees have paid (that is to say: YEF does not give "advance money"). The treasurer will also send a short summary to the board each time he sends money to conference organisers.
95% of the payment will be paid before the conference. The remaining 5% (in case of fraudulent payments not yet detected by the bank) will be paid at most 4 months after the end of the conference.
Close the online payment system
The online payment system will be closed on the day after the end of the conference.
YEF publishes the payment information
As stated in the contract:
The Foundation treasurer will publish a detailled account of the money received, paid and transfered for the Conference. A printed copy signed by the Foundation's Treasurer will be send to the Organiser no further than *two months* after the end of the Conference.
YEF will also publish a yearly status on its profits and expenses, particularly how much the foundation received from the online payment system, how much it paid in fees, and how much money was send, for each conference that used the online payment system. This should be a 3 line summary for each conference.